• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Alright, so I decided to run a TRIATHLON.

Reaction score
that is correct...triathlon. Since I've been in the best shape of my entire life and since I've doing tons of cycling (road and mountain) w/ a little running, I decided to just go for it. It's something I've always wanted to do. Also being it would be the first time for me, it's only going to be a 500m swim, 12 mile bike , and 3 mile run. The event doesn't take place until the last week of May, so I've got time to train. Right now, que the music "Eye of the Tiger."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
That is awesome! Good luck with the training and race! Let us know how you do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I do a triathalon at school but we can do it in groups so I go with 2 friends, I do the run

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
good luck. let us know what place you get when you come back. by the way, do you have any clue how many people usually participate in a triathlon ?

M

MacHeadCase

Wow! You have a lot of courage!

Go go go, bry3! Mac-Forums will be rootin' for ya!

OP
bry3
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I need to get a customized Apple, better yet Mac Forums cycling jersey. That would be awesome.

OP
bry3
Reaction score
good luck. let us know what place you get when you come back. by the way, do you have any clue how many people usually participate in a triathlon ?

Honestly, I don't really know? I assume not a whole lot of people, being how physically demanding an event can be. It seems like tons people either do marathons or bike races.

Reaction score
Good for you! I decided to run a 5k the end of april so I have been running a mile before school and a mile after. I am actually not in real good shape so im hoping by the time of the 5k i'll be a more fit than before.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that's great! best of luck to you!

my wife just signed up for the breast cancer three day walk. not nearly as hardcore, but considering the shape we're in... ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.