• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nickelodeon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I dont know about you guys, but I LOVE old Nickelodeon shows!

I recently got "Are You Afraid Of The Dark?" on DVD and I am addicted. I was wondering if any one out there is around my age (22) and remembers watching all those Nicktoons growing up (Rocko, Doug, Ren & Stimpy, All That, and others)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Funny you mention this. My buddies and I were just discussing this at dinner last night.

Doug was probably my favorite, but I was also big on Rugrats, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and Angry Beavers. I guess I guess I pretty much liked all of them though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
hahha oh definitely, "SNICK" was the best lol

me and my boys always talk about the old are you afraid of the dark episodes...i didnt even know they were out on DVD...thats awesome! gonna have to pick those up sometime...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
kids cartoons/shows back then were a lot better. Cartoons now are really boring and are all the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wasn't "Ren & Stimpy" on Nick? Probably my favorite crazy cartoon. I liked "Doug" too. It reminded me of my all-time favorite cartoon, "Charlie Brown"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
i'm not 22 but i do remember rocko's mondern life. the fat cow (steer) heffer cracks me up.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
kids cartoons/shows back then were a lot better. Cartoons now are really boring and are all the same.
When you say back then, how far back are you referring too? I watched Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, Heckle and Jeckle, Woody Wood Pecker, Droope, and the Road Runner to name a few. There is nothing out there now like those cartoons.

The cartoons now are just too cheaply made.

Reaction score
Yeah Nick was the best, angry beavers, doug, all that, and slime time live. Man the good old days... have you guys seen the new bugs bunny on channel 7 on saturdays? C'mon man. Anybody here watched Beakman? bill nye the science guy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I used to love Rocko's Modern Life. I haven't seen it in years. I used to watch Doug all the time. The Doug movie was on YTV (Canadian Kids Channel) recently, I forgot to watch it...

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I used to love Rocko's Modern Life. I haven't seen it in years. I used to watch Doug all the time. The Doug movie was on YTV (Canadian Kids Channel) recently, I forgot to watch it...

Doug was awesome!

+44 eh?

Blink182>AVA>+44 imo. Although +44 definatly does rock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Angry Beavers.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i remember all those, but i was watching them in college.

i remember back in the early 80s when nickelodeon was just starting. there was some bad stuff on back then. there was a show where they would show comics and read them pane by pane. ugh.

though there was you can't do that on television, which was pretty good. ;)

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
This site has Hey Arnold!, Angry Beavers, Ahh! Real Monsters, and Rugrats.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.