Add another notch for the Apple camp

Reaction score
Yup bought a 2.33Ghz PowerBook this week, still waiting on Apple to ship it out though :( Hope I made the right choice cause it was a lot of money.

I've been using PCs since like '93 and always disliked Apple because we were forced to use them in HS computer labs and their old OS was different and way too confusing from the Windows that I knew. And I liked being able to build my own custom PCs and you couldn't do that with Macs. Solving compatibility and issues between components get's old after a while.
But things changed last year when one of my coworkers became a big Apple fan and got an Apple laptop. After playing with the OS and listening to his preaching of no spyware or viruses and being fed up with fighting both on my PCs I decided to try the OS X. So I bought a cheap Mac Mini in Nov '06. I loved the OS and security. A couple times I even got a pop-up from the OS X saying somethingbad.exe has been downloaded and what do you want to do with it :bomb: I guess PC based spyware does not work so well on Apple LOL That made me grin big time. I even edited a few movies on a Mini and started to loved the iLife software, but my cheap Mini didn't have a DVD burner so I need something that did.

So in short now that I wanted a new and faster computer I decided to bit the bullet and buy a Mac as my primary PC. It was a hard call because as an engineer I have to use a lot of specialized software that only runs on Windows. And I like to play all the latest 3D games sometimes. So I guess what did it for me was the Intel CPUs and ability to dual boot when needed to run the games, AutoCAD & some PLC programming software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.