• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A bad FedEx ExPerience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Mariam @ Fedex: Good Afternoon Sir. How would you like to ship today?

Me: Hey there. I'd like to ship a used laptop via FedEx Ground.

Mariam@FedEx: [annoyed voice] Sir, we don't ship used laptop computers.

Me: I bought the computer used and it was shipped with FedEx Ground.

M@FE: [P.Oed voice] NO, It couldn't of been.

Me: I'm sorry, but I belive you're mistaken.

M@FE: [really P.Oed voice] PLEASE DO NOT CORRECT ME!

Me: Wow, and you guys claim to have knowledgeable and friendly. *hangs up*

I can't believe this person was this short-tempered with me.

UPS has never been like this to me.
DHL has never been like this to me.
FedEx hasn't been like this to me.

Sorry, just wanted to rant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
When she said they don't ship used computers you should have said "In that case, I'd like to ship a new laptop"

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
did you call back and ask to speak to a manager. that is completely unacceptable.

and why wouldn't they ship whatever you wanted - other than hazardous materials?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
When she said they don't ship used computers you should have said "In that case, I'd like to ship a new laptop"

nice!
icon14.gif

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The funny thing is - I called UPS to get the shipping rate from them. I told them about the thing that happened, he was really sympathetic! He was like:

Me: Yeah, the thing that happened above happened.
UPS: Oh my god! Really? Did you ask to talk to the manager? That is ridiculous!
Me: I know. It shows what happens when a company becomes too big.
UPS: Yeah, i know. Some people at FedEx actually drop kick packages.
Me: Really?
UPS: Yeah.
Me: Wow. So, anyways, I'd like to get the shipping charges for...

UPS is great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You know UPS drop kicks packages too, right? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I've always liked FedEx better than UPS. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, iRye.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've always wanted to move to butte, montana and start up a shipping/trucking company called flying monkeys.

if your package arrives on time, monkeys will fly out of my butte.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
i am having a horrible time with fedex. my imac was supposed to be delivered on saturday according to their reps, but it has yet to be delivered and when i called this morning they stated it must be lost. Not what i want to hear. Apple assured me that it was not lost, but their was a service delay with delivery. I just hate not knowing it's exact location, which noone can tell me. the only thing it shows on the tracking page is that it left sacramento on the 27th. Has anyone else had this kind of problem and still ended up getting their mac? This is my first mac and maybe i am just being over anxious about getting it, but it is weird that fedex does not update the location of the product until it hits your local fedex terminal. Their customer service is the worst i ever dealt with, they will tell you anything to get you off the phone. The women who told me it was lost, said that tons of people who use fedex home delivery never end up getting their product. Pretty bad when that is coming from one of their own workers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
problems with fedex home delivery losing your mac

i am having a horrible time with fedex. my imac was supposed to be delivered on saturday according to their reps, but it has yet to be delivered and when i called this morning they stated it must be lost. Not what i want to hear. Apple assured me that it was not lost, but their was a service delay with delivery. I just hate not knowing it's exact location, which noone can tell me. the only thing it shows on the tracking page is that it left sacramento on the 27th. Has anyone else had this kind of problem and still ended up getting their mac? This is my first mac and maybe i am just being over anxious about getting it, but it is weird that fedex does not update the location of the product until it hits your local fedex terminal. Their customer service is the worst i ever dealt with, they will tell you anything to get you off the phone. The women who told me it was lost, said that tons of people who use fedex home delivery never end up getting their product. Pretty bad when that is coming from one of their own workers. I am just wondering if i am alone in this, or has anyone else expierienced the same frustration that i am feeling right now. i really need some peace of mind that my item is not lost somewhere. Apple has been great, fedex horrible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I haven't had this experience with anything shipped with Fedex but I can sure feel for you. What a horrible experience.

Seems all you can do it wait and hope it just arrives tomorrow. I have had the same experience with UPS but they were really nice about it and my product did finally arrive even tho about 2 days later than expected. Sorry...:(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You know UPS drop kicks packages too, right? ;)

I'm sure you made that comment in jest, but I have to tell you, I had a real experience like that.

An associate of mine shipped a Video Conferencing System from one side of PA to the other. The shipper mistakenly wrote "Fragile - Please be very careful" in large letters on the outside of the package.

When it arrived, the package had clearly been beaten several times with what appeared to be a blunt instrument like a hammer (at least that's what the holes looked like). In fact, they continued to pound on it until they hit pay dirt.

They literally hit it so hard that they shattered the outside plastics and deeply dented the interior steel chassis.

I fought with UPS for several weeks until they agreed to entertain insurance reimbursement (luckily it had been insured).

I truly believe that had this package not been so marked, it would have been just fine. I've never had a package so badly damaged in transit before when shipped UPS.

Reaction score
i've always wanted to move to butte, montana and start up a shipping/trucking company called flying monkeys.

haha, how awesome is that. I drove through Butte twice on my way to and back from Moab (mountain biking). I wish I would have seen some flying monkeys...

Reaction score
In my opinion they all suck! Especially when it comes to dealing with cross border shipping and the ridiculous brokerage charges.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Reminds me of a mate's T-shirt, using the FedEx logo:

FedSex. When you really need to get it overnight.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bwahhahahahahahah!!!!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Funny, my friend just shipped me a used Dell FedEx. Since you have the persons Name you should contact someone in change and file a complaint against her. She has no right to talk that way to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
im a big fan of the USPS and UPS only when i need it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

dude, super LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I'm sure you made that comment in jest, but I have to tell you, I had a real experience like that.

An associate of mine shipped a Video Conferencing System from one side of PA to the other. The shipper mistakenly wrote "Fragile - Please be very careful" in large letters on the outside of the package.

When it arrived, the package had clearly been beaten several times with what appeared to be a blunt instrument like a hammer (at least that's what the holes looked like). In fact, they continued to pound on it until they hit pay dirt.

They literally hit it so hard that they shattered the outside plastics and deeply dented the interior steel chassis.

I fought with UPS for several weeks until they agreed to entertain insurance reimbursement (luckily it had been insured).

I truly believe that had this package not been so marked, it would have been just fine. I've never had a package so badly damaged in transit before when shipped UPS.

That's the problem. If you're shipping something and it's marked "FRAGILE" the carriers will always assume it's packed REALLY well, and can take some abuse. (I had a friend who worked for the post office, and this is what their workers believe.) So they'll abuse it. In the future, pack it really well and don't write "Fragile" on it.

"FRAAAA-GIIIIIILLLLLLEHHHH...must be Italian." ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.