Airport Express..buy now or wait

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Okay, I cannot stand my wireless router..it's awful. It drops the connection when my cordless rings, etc (No matter what channel it's on). I see the Airport Express is only $99 now. Is this because they're probably updating them soon? If they are..would it be worth waiting?

Reaction score
Unless you are going to try to use 802.11n (the new standard) and your computer's card is 802.11n compliant, then I see no reason to wait.

I've got an Extreme and an Express (to both extend the range of the Extreme in my 2-story house and to let me to the wireless iTunes thang) and it's great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and MacBook Pro
It is not worth of waiting for the new Airport Express as there are no rumors about the new version. I fully agree, that if your computer is not "n" network compliant, you have no chance to get any other benefit from waiting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
If your current Router is stressing you out...I wouldn't wait, the Extreme is very easy and highly recommended!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"

J

jamesx

Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"
that price is for the airport extreme. he is asking about airport express.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.