• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's your favorite Mac error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
I'm pretty sure we've all read the 'What's your favorite Windows error message' thread? To make it even, and to prove that Mac's are in fact, not destructiable.... What's your favorite Mac error?

Mine: Something about plugging your USB device into another port as the one I had it in could not power it. Not really an error, but it works. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Ive never had an error on a mac
only msn has had to close unexpectedly

im sure the older macs had some good errors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
simiple, about the only one i ever get. "the application has unexpectedly ended" or something like that. it pops up maby once a day and i don't even pay attnetion to it anymore.

Reaction score
whaaaaa.gif
I have no "favorite" "errors".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
we should restate this thread as "What's your least favorite Mac error?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Not really an error on my Mac's part, but I'm gonna say when Firefox just suddenly won't load a page. I then have to quit, start using Safari, and just wait a little bit and hope it works. (The little "loading wheel" in the upper right hand corner just won't spin.)

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why was everyone putting their input into the favorite Windows error then? I don't think they enjoyed the errors either?

same

just thinking
why will i have a favourite error
an error is when something goes wrong
and its annoying!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why was everyone putting their input into the favorite Windows error then? I don't think they enjoyed the errors either?

because, generally we dont like windows. and it amuses because we dont have to deal with that garbage. am i right ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
because, generally we dont like windows. and it amuses because we dont have to deal with that garbage. am i right ?

Yes, I agree. That's why I created the "What's your favorite Windows error" thread. But I respect the fact that IceCreamMan wants to keep it fair. I just haven't had a single error with anything on a Mac, so I felt I'd make fun of Windows a little.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
after installing an update and reboot i've had the mac icon frozen on the screen for a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The most annoying thing I've come across is when the Finder locks up when it's having trouble with a network drive.

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I thought the guy (or girl) that is thinking about switching over to Mac might not believe the myth that Macs are indestructible... This might also convince them to switch if they see they do have errors, but not as severe as a Windows based machine.

*Hugs his G3 iMac* By far the coolest looking iMac!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I'm pretty sure we've all read the 'What's your favorite Windows error message' thread? To make it even, and to prove that Mac's are in fact, not destructiable.... What's your favorite Mac error?

Mine: Something about plugging your USB device into another port as the one I had it in could not power it. Not really an error, but it works. :p

That happens if you plug a USB device that needs power into the keyboard USB port mostly. That is normal.

I hope this does not get taken the wrong way and is nothing to do with you Ice Cream Man or anyone else on Mac forums.

My favorite Mac error as well as my favorite Windows error is the person sitting in the chair who thinks they know how to use a computer but really don't, so bash their machine!

I have to deal with people like that sometimes on a daily basis.

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, I stated on the Windows forum I haven't had an error yet on my Windows machine... Some programs just conflict with each other... Your a good guy dtravis7, so no offense taken... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
omg, how does the computer even calculate that. it's probubally just some random number

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.