itunes music sorting issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
I'm about to import most of my music collection onto my ibook but i have a problem. I noticed after importing a few cds into itunes that it mixed two albums together (a few songs from one then a few from the other). So i try to change the setup to get it to list it as it was on the album order, no luck. I think it has something to do with the artist featuring various other artists on different songs or something. Can you help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
It may be something with compilation albums . Find and the album tracks that you want together and then Highlight them type cmd+I and check the Part of a compilation checkbox.

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they are checked as a compilation

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i just decided that i really didn't like one of the albums too much so i deleted it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I just delete the "featuring so and so"

Reaction score
I noticed after importing a few cds into itunes that it mixed two albums together (a few songs from one then a few from the other). . . .
If you're going to put the mp3 files or whatever in the same place as they were in on the old computer so their pathways to iTunes is the same, don't bother importing anything through iTunes. Just move the music files over, then drag the old iTunes library files into the same place they were stashed in the old machine. Everything should be identical to the old setup.

Edit: Oops. I misread the post. You aren't importing from another computer. It's bed time for Bonzo.

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i transfered my music over (about 10 gigs), and it seems fine. I guess there was just something about having the info mixed up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.