2.16GHz or 2.33GHz?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I've been lurking for a while, but next month I'll be purchasing my first Mac. REALLY looking forward to it! Always preferred OSX but have always required Windows.

So my issue is which MacBook Pro. I want the discrete graphics in case I ever get into gaming again or some 3D modeling. I just can't decide between the 2.16GHz CPU + 128MB X1600 GPU or the 2.33GHz CPU + 256MB X1600 GPU.

Anyone know of any sites with performance comparisons between the two?

Cheers in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I guess that this really depends on what you plan to be doing with the machine? In pure CPU terms, there is about 8% difference between the 2.16 and the 2.33, so that it not that much. The extra graphics memory will really only help if you are doing heavy duty gaming or video stuff.

So, the 2.16 should do you fine unless you really are planning to get into gaming and/or 3D modelling. If you really planning this, go for the 2.33.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2GHz 1GB RAM 120GB HDD
2.16 GHz vs 2.33 GHz will be barely noticeable, if at all.. however 256MB of video vs 128MB will come in handy with any apps that require the video power

Reaction score
I've always bought the most well equipped computer I can justify buying. It never hurts to "future-proof" a little bit if you can afford too.

Reaction score
I just got a 2.33 MBP and it runs awesome, 100x faster than my old windows computer.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys.

I think I might try to get the 2.33 MBP. Actually might try to get myself a refurb one to save some $$. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you have the money get the 2.33, that should give you more growing room. As Cherokee stated future proof.

Reaction score
I have a 2.33 and I've been extremely happy with it. Though I never played with a 2.16 for comparison. The extra video memory was the major factor but as others have said, a little faster processor means you'll get a little more use before a must-have application comes along that your computer is too slow to run.

If you can justify the expense, buy the 2.33. If you can't, a 2.16 will still probably be the best notebook you've ever owned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
In truth, after my "sensible" advice above, I have to admit that personally, my game plan is always to do exactly what Cherokee advises above:

I've always bought the most well equipped computer I can justify buying. It never hurts to "future-proof" a little bit if you can afford too.
It all comes down to what you can afford vs. what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I got the 2.33 and am very happy with it. I also got the better video card, and 2GB ram (not from apple though). Never seen a beach ball in over 4 months. You won't be disappointed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.8GHz C2D iSight 1GB RAM 160GB HDD
If you have cash, go on buy the 2.33GHz one..

You must be lucky to actually get top of the range.. eek!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 15"
2.33 GHz

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first Mac, the MB pro 2.33 ghz....I went with this model for several reasons, the 2GB memory and better video among them. Our PC desktop died last year, and my PC laptop is in its death throes now, so whatever I bought was going to serve as our home's only computer. Thus, I looked at this as a serious investment. I also knew that if I bought a PC, I was looking at having to go with Vista, and I just wasn't excited about that.

But, I digress. The MBP, being my only computer, needed to be powerful, and with the extra memory and speed, i went with the higher model. So far, (after 5 days), I love the machine. Being a switcher, I can say with unabashed affection, this machine is beautiful and built unlike any other PC I've ever owned or used (and I've been in IT for 25 years and used quite a few in my years). The esthetics are amazing, the workmanship is unmatched, and while I have a lot to learn, I think I will be happy with this purchase.

Go with as much as you can afford...I don't think you'll be sorry....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.