• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Guys I really need your help.

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I really need your help becuase i am trying to upload mpreg movies from my digi cam to imovie hd but it dosnt like to move but i cant play it in vlc player. would you guys know what to do?

Thanks,

JJ

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Hi Guys

I really need your help becuase i am trying to upload mpreg movies from my digi cam to imovie hd but it dosnt like to move but i cant play it in vlc player. would you guys know what to do?

Thanks,

JJ

What format are the movies in? If VLC can't play it then it must be in a really weird format.

Is there something in your Digi-Cam documentation that tells you what format the files are stored in?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
What's the cam make and model?

OP
F
Reaction score
What format are the movies in? If VLC can't play it then it must be in a really weird format.

Is there something in your Digi-Cam documentation that tells you what format the files are stored in?

Amen-Moses

Hi it works in vlc but when i drag it to imovie hd it says quicktime cannont open....

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Hi it works in vlc but when i drag it to imovie hd it says quicktime cannont open....

OK, so use VLC to convert it to Mp4. You may have to find the VLC manual online to figure it out (it isn't the easiest App in the world to work with) but it is doable.

The likelihood is that the movie is in Mp2 format which iMovie and Quicktime don't handle (unless you pay out some money to Apple for the extra bits required) but you should find that VLC can convert it to Mp4 for you.

One hint I can give you is that you VLC deals with "streams" so what you need to do is look for the options to "stream to a file" then figure out what settings you need (i.e resolution, PAL or NTSC etc).

You could just play around with the settings until it works but personally I'd read the manual first, especially the bit giving an intro to video formats.

Amen-Moses

btw if you go to an existing Quick time movie that does work and use the filers info on it you will see the settings for it, use the same settings in VLC and you can't go far wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.