Finally got my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB DDR3, 160 + 320GB HDD, Gforce 9400m - iPhone 8GB 2.2 T-Mobile
Hi guys,
i finally got my iMac the other day (20"). Been so busy setting the thing up that this is my first post on here on a Mac. OS X is fantastic. It's almost too simple as I found out when trying to install Toast. Surely you should need 800 installation screens. Just moving the file to Applications folder is just ridiculous haha ;)

I've installed both bootcamp and Parrallels and both were so easy to do and my games in XP actually run faster than on my PC (which had a 512mb Gefore 7).

The features on it are so cool. The way Front Row photos all move and zoom in/out around the screen while you set music to it. It looks like something a pro has done for TV or something.

I actually turned my PC back on to write down all the programs I would need to find Mac equivalents for but then I realised pretty much everything is in OS X anyway. Only third party programs I have got are Office 2004, Toast and Mac the Ripper.

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't got it I recommend the Gimmie Some Tunes widget for iTunes which auto imports and saves album art from Amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Welcome to the forums and the Mac world!

As a recent switcher I know how you feel about the "so easy its strange" feeling when you first switch but trust me it'll pass quickly and when your fully used to OSX once you touch a windows machine it'll hurt just looking at windows lol

There's a ton of help and info to be found around here and everybodys SUPER helpful!

Reaction score
Congrats! I'll also be adding an imac to the stable this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
congrats ! as you said a lot of stuff is just there waiting for you instead of having to buy hundreds of other programs.

Installing programs are very easy as you said. Make sure you eject the white icon and delete the .dmg once there installed.

and lastly

WELCOME TO THE MAC-WORLD - enjoy it. !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
I have had my 20" iMac for a month now and will never go back! This is after 15 years of Windows. I'm telling everyone I know that the "switch" is as painless as can be. Initially, I was thinking I might get Bootcamp as a precaution, but as of this writing, I see no reason whatsoever to use anything but the OS X. It does everything I need it to do. And it does it now! I got so tired of working on my pc instead of using it!

Welcome aboard from a relative newbie! Enjoy the ride!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I switched over in December and the thing that surprised me the most was how easy it was to get rid of programs. Delete it and forget it pretty much...Not going into the control panel, load the add/remove programs and wait minutes for the uninstaller to finish.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.