Education discount question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
120 GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 2.16 GHz Core2Duo, white MB
I just graduated (okay not 'just', it was last May) from college, and of course now I'm getting a Macbook. My brother told me to use the education discount, and when I said "I'm not a student anymore", he said they don't check for proof. I would save money but I can't be dishonest! I'm too worried I'd get caught or something, haha.
So of course I'm just going to pay the full price but has anyone else used the student discount post-student time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Was this question already asked? Someone had asked this same question a couple days ago.

Anywho, as someone had replied to that post, you can sometimes get discounts from resellers that are as low or lower than the student discount from Apple. So, do a little searching around and maintain your honesty/integrity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Was this question already asked? Someone had asked this same question a couple days ago.
Yup, this question is asked in one form or another every week or so.:black:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
120 GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 2.16 GHz Core2Duo, white MB
oh oops, I'm sorry... didn't mean to re-ask.:( But thanks for being nice about it, haha I've seen people get pretty mad on other boards!

Reaction score
Haggle a bit, tell them about your situation and tell them to "come your way".

It's an art.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16 GHz
When I got my MBP a few months ago the guy at the apple store asked me if I was a student.. I told him that I had just graduated a few months ago and he said "close enough" and he gave me the discount anyway.. Lucky me lol.. Saved me a bunch of money. I'm sure not all apple store employees are going to be that nice, but that was my experience.. Take it for what it is :)

Reaction score
I think when it comes down to making a sale, they will give just about anyone a discount of some type. The student discount is just a more concrete version of this practice. It will get people in the door, so to speak. Don't be afraid to ask for some extras.

They will usually get their money back when you buy all the extras before leaving the store. Come on, you know you can't resist the case, adapters, software, mouse, keyboard, speakers and 80gb ipod on your way out the door. :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2GHz 1GB RAM 120GB HDD
show em your old school ID if they ask for proof :) you probably paid your college over couple of Gs worth of $$$ in tuition, might as well get a discounted mac out of it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.