Transferring from a PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Hi all,

In some days, I´m goint to be a delighted (hope so) macbook pro user (my first one), on a switch from a PC.

I have gigs and gigs of music and pictures in my PC that I want to transfer to my mac.

At home, I have today a PC and a wireless router.

My question is: Can I set up a wireless network between my PC and my mac, to transfer the files from one to other?

How easy is that? I´m really not into the mac world, that´s my first one!

tks in advance!

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry for the bump here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Yes, you can set up a network.

But I don't know much about that. If you have a Windows formatted external hard drive, it might just be easier to use that.

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That´s the problem...I do not have a external HDD. Although not faster, wireless networking would be just nice for me...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have gigs and gigs of music and pictures in my PC that I want to transfer to my mac.

You can set your network such that you can access your windows system from your Apple system. Your problem will be the amount of data you plan to move. Wireless would not be the best method of moving masses amount of data. You would be better using a wired network (still slow) or removing your disk drive from the windows system and place in an external firewire enclosure.

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tks man!

at this time, I´ll probably transfer the files trough a wired lan.

I´m intending to buy an external firewire HDD nearby. My PC is already sold, so I cannot keep the old drives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.