• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Pricing on the Upcoming G5s & Displays

S

Switcher_92

Hey guys...

I will be getting a new G5 within the next several months. With all the talk of a new processor being released, what do you think the lineup will look like? What will the pricing scheme be? Do you think the new setup will take the place of the dual 2.0 at 2,999 or do you think it will come at a premium?

How about the displays? Will they be priced at around the level of a current, comperable model, or will they start off higher?

Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I think it will be just like apple always does with just replacing the current models with the newer models at the same cost....I have not seen much on the new displays but there could be a higher price depending on what the updates consist of (ie. all being high def)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Although it's off the Apple site, I just had to post this cause I think the G5 is the sweetest tower I have ever seen :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.