Creative MP3 Player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Hello all. My fiancee recently switched to Mac :yinyang: but she has a Creative Zen MP3 player (I believe the old 30 GB model before the "sleek" model came out). To compliment her mac, I gave her my 30 GB iPod video and got myself a shuffle since I am a runner. Now she would like to get the music off of her old mp3 player and onto the iPod. I can handle the converting (if any, mostly mp3) but she needs to get the music off. Anyone have any tips? If this is illegal, please let me know. The last thing I want is for any of us to get in trouble. She will be deleting the music from her old MP3 player anyway though. Thanks!

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
well it would have been easier if she had made backup discs of her music collection before switching. I have often wondered the same thing in other situations. I don't think you can copy music FROM a device to a computer. Try hooking it up and go to the icon of the device that pops up on your desktop, then try to drag the files over, im not sure if it will work (probably won't). You might be able to do it that way. I would try on my ibook but Zunes aren't compatible. Good luck, keep me posted on the situation.

OP
CodeSamurai
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
No luck with the external hard drive thing. OS X doesn't even act like it's there. I'm thinking of using her roomates PC and copying the music from the player to her PC, and then connecting my fiancee's mac and her roomates PC via USB. Would this work? Anyone have any experience?

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
No luck with the external hard drive thing. OS X doesn't even act like it's there. I'm thinking of using her roomates PC and copying the music from the player to her PC, and then connecting my fiancee's mac and her roomates PC via USB. Would this work? Anyone have any experience?

Trent out

I tend to stick to File hosting services or Flash drives.

However, it might be better to just burn it all to a CD, then you can get the music off, and have a backup copy too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.