Clicking Sound Driving Me Crazy

Reaction score
I have recently gotten to podcasting as well as using Garage Band for recording commercials, intros and outros for my radio show. I have a nice EV RE-20 microphone, an M Audio Mobile Pre USB and Garage Band. When I record I keep getting these clicking sounds throughout that I can't seem to figure out. I've tried a different cord, different mic but keep having the same result. Any advice would really be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
Sounds like a grounding problem... I'm not sure where you can check your grounds on that setup, but check it anyway!

Reaction score
G'day cweeds & welcome to Mac-Forums.

I think it may be as simple as disabling the metronome.

To check if it's enabled go to the menu in GarageBand>Control and see if there's a tick next to Metronome. If there is then select Metronome to remove the tick. Command+U also enables/disables the Metronome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
yh check the metronome.

if its a hardware problem i.e hd or something then check it closely as it could be damaging.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.