Boot Camp: Won't boot anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14", Intel-iMac 17"
Hi!

I installed Boot Camp a while back with SP2 version of Windows XP and it worked really well. Then I tried Parallels on the same copy of windows and it worked well for a while too, but now Boot Camp won't load even though Parallels works fine, whenever I tried to boot with BC I get a black screen..

As I say, I can still get on my windows partition using parallels, but I was mostly just testing it out since it doesn't support DirectX and I use my Windows partition for gaming only...

Anyone knows how to fix this? I updated to the latest version of Boot Camp also, didn't fix the problem..!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Install rEFIt that may fix your problem as a temp measure. i.e. to get any data from the partition but after I would suggest to delete the NTFS/FAT partitions and uninstall BootCamp and try again fresh.

Although I do love rEFIt, it's even got a custom banner you can add too. Wooo wooo but it does disable the EFI password security.

Reaction score
If your windows hangs after the windows loading screen, you have to uninstall and reinstall de bootcamp drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.