Finally Ordered a MBP!!

Reaction score
I finally ordered a MBP 15" 2.33 GHz.

I maxed it out since I do tons of web/graphic design work.

3GB ram
200 GB HD
Matte screen
Final Cut Express HD
Apple Care

It should arrive by March 26.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Congrats on the new MBP! With those specs, that thing is going to FLY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Yeah, be sure to do that. I've never used a MBP, but I've tried them out at CompUSA and they're awesome. If I had the money, I woulda gotten one of them instead of my BlackBook.

OP
E
Reaction score
Yeah, be sure to do that. I've never used a MBP, but I've tried them out at CompUSA and they're awesome. If I had the money, I woulda gotten one of them instead of my BlackBook.

I went to an Apple store last wkend to check it out before I ordered and I fell in love with it. I would love to get the 30" iMac but that's way too much screen for me and plus I don't have enough room for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wish I had an Apple store by me. It's an hour drive from my house to the nearest Apple store. An Apple store would definitely be something for someone with the money to invest in around here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I finally ordered a MBP 15" 2.33 GHz.

I maxed it out since I do tons of web/graphic design work.

3GB ram
200 GB HD
Matte screen
Final Cut Express HD
Apple Care

It should arrive by March 26.

WOW!!!!!!!! How did you get the money for that?
Congrats on your MBP. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

OP
E
Reaction score
I am writing it off as a business expense and I put personal $$ into it and the educational discount.

I have an external HD (that is fat 32) will I be able to copy all my files on to my mac or will I have to do it a diff way?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that should work fine. FAT32 is fully compatible, so you'll be able to copy those files to the new computer and modify and delete them or add new files.

good luck with the mbp, um, other eric. ;)

OP
E
Reaction score
that should work fine. FAT32 is fully compatible, so you'll be able to copy those files to the new computer and modify and delete them or add new files.

good luck with the mbp, um, other eric. ;)

Cool.

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! I bought a 15", 2gb, 120gb hd, 2.33 ghz macbook pro just a month ago. I can tell you that you will be nothing short of amazed! Its a **** of a machine :)

OP
E
Reaction score
About 90% of my music is MP3's will those play on Macs?

(I edited the parrallels question out and posted it under the Parrallels board)

I am asking all these questions because this is my 1st Mac.

M

MacHeadCase

Hi eric06!

.MP3s are cross-platform so I do not see any reason why these would not play on your Mac unless somehow some Windoze-only encoding was included in the files.

As for the Parallels question someone else will have to answer that question, I have no experience with using Windoze and certainly not on a Mac.

Reaction score
Congrats. That's a pretty great machine you'll have. Can't wait to get one myself in the not-too-distant future.

Tak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
Funny, I've had plenty of experience using windows, thats why I BOUGHT a Mac. But someday with therapy, and proper medication, the trauma of years of windows use may be washed away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.