Photoshop Elements 4.0 on Intel MBP

Reaction score
I'm new to a mac first off.

I just picked up a copy of photoshop today, I'm wondering if I should open this up or wait till CS3 comes out. I'm just getting into photo editing, so I'm not sure i'll use all what comes with CS3.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
CS3 will be significantly more expensive than Photoshop Elements. It will also have many more features.

If you're just getting started with photo editing, I would recommend opening up your copy of Elements. If at some point you find it lacking, you can always spend the several hundred dollars on CS3.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If you are just learning image editing, Elements has enough stuff in it to keep you going for years before you need the full Photoshop. Personally, I didn't start finding Element limiting until I had used it for about a year and a half. Then I moved up to the full Photoshop package. Right now, the full package might be overkill. Learn the trade and be sure you enjoy it before you drop those kind of dollars.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, i did end up opening it up and i'm really enjoying all the different things you can do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Enjoy Elements! This group is a pretty good resource if you have any questions about Photoshop. You may also wish to check out Light Cafe at http://www.lightcafe.net/forums/index.php - there's a pretty nice and very approachable set of folks there as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.