• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

what happened to mac the ripper?

Reaction score
I should first state that this is my first post with my first Apple, a Mac Book Pro... very nice..

Anyways I tried to download mac the ripper to copy my dvd's to an external hard drive and the mactheripper.org website can't be accessed?! Anybody have any ideas what else I can do and are you getting the same results?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
here MacUpdate will soon become your friend.

Reaction score
Although MtR isn't Universal yet (released for intel macs) it should still function OK under Rosetta (Get Info on MacTheRipper.app and place a tick in the 'Run Under Rosetta" box.)

I also like to use MediaFork and ffmpegX, they all have their uses and I like to have a few of these apps onboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Hey all i figured instead of starting a new thread i would just ask here... I cant figure out how to use MTR and i just want to copy a few dvd's to my Hard drive because im going to vegas in a few weeks.. Could anyone give me a simple english walkthrough so i can have 5 or 6 movies on there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Insert DVD... Let's say The 25th Hour.
Open MacTheRipper... it will "scan" the DVD..
Click GO on the MacTheRipper
I believe the default is to save the folder to the desktop..
Once MacTheRipper is done, it will say something like: "Complete... don't do anything illegal".. click ok. Then eject The 25th Hour DVD.

Now open Toast.
Click Video
Select Video from TS Folder (something like that).

Drag the 25th_Hour Folder from the desktop into the TOAST Window.
Click the RED button in the lower Right Corner (HUGE RED button )
A pop-up will have some settings on it.. just click "OK"
Another pop-up will say something like "Please Insert Media"... Don't just stand there.. DO IT!!!

Insert your Blank DVD...

Go get some "Iced Milk" (Get a glass full of ice, and fill it with milk)while you wait....

When Toast is done you'll hear the "Ding!"... A pop-up will ask if you'd like to Eject or Mount.. Click Eject, and try it out in your Stand-alone DVD player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey all i figured instead of starting a new thread i would just ask here... I cant figure out how to use MTR and i just want to copy a few dvd's to my Hard drive because im going to vegas in a few weeks.. Could anyone give me a simple english walkthrough so i can have 5 or 6 movies on there

If you want to copy them to your hard drive, I would suggest checking out Handbrake instead of Mac the Ripper. This way you can save a ton of space if you're just watching the movies on your Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
ok well then can someone explain the handbrake step by step... so thats its full size i done want it ipod size

Reaction score
The easiest way is for you to search the forum for Baggss (member) and look for his signature at the bottom of any post as it has a link to a step by step walkthrough for MediaFork (click link) which is the predecessor of HandBrake.

I can assure you the walkthrough is excellent!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.