jpeg to MAC

Reaction score
I have sent jpeg images from a Windows PC to a friend with a MAC but she can't open them? Can somebody help with this please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I have never had a problem, have her check the filename...or more specifically the extension of the file.

What application is she trying to open it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have sent jpeg images from a Windows PC to a friend with a MAC but she can't open them? Can somebody help with this please?
Well, a Media Access Controller (MAC, in all caps) can't open .jpg files no matter what machine you are trying it on. :black: ;)

However, .jpg files are cross platform which means that both Windows and Mac users should be able to view them. What we will need to know is:
+ How were the images created (what software was used)?
+ How were they sent to the Mac user (email, IM, CD, etc)?
+ How is the Mac user trying to view them (what applications)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
the mac shouldn't have any issues with a .jpeg... but some additional information about the problem should help track down the solution.

How did you send the pictures?

Email? Instant message?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Make sure the extension is .jpg and not .jpeg, tell her to open them with Preview in her applications folder, or drag them to an open browser window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
How is she trying to open them? Is it possible that the magic ".jpg" is missing? Also, instead of double clicking to open the image, try opening Preview manually and using its Open dialog to select the image and open it. That should work if the file's contents are intact. If not, you may be corrupting the file somehow in the transfer process.

Reaction score
i don't know if its too late to say something.. but you may also want to check the "Ownership & Permissions".
to do so right click any file (a JPEG in your case) then go to "Get Info". A narrow window will pop-up. At the bottom of it you will see "Ownership and Permissions" make sure it says "Read & Write".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.