JPEG image help

Reaction score
I'm trying to email a high res 300DPI 8-bit CMYK JPEG through my Mail app to a client, however when I put the JPEG into an email, the image colour sort of inverts.

Is this because it's CMYK and not RGB. Any ideas why this is happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I don't think to file will be altered from the original when the recipient receives it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
It may have something to do with the fact that email is in a web format (HTML) for most emails. An image, to be in a web format file, must be in RGB.

I'd recommend zipping (CTRL+click, archive) it first and sending it that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I don't think to file will be altered from the original when the recipient receives it.

I think Ride may be onto something. Email it to yourself and see what it looks like. If attaching the JPEG it should depend on the software the receiver opens it with. If you putting the photograph in the body of the email message and they only view it in the email software they may then have issues with something other than sRGB

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the great help as ever. Just sent it RGB instead. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
CMYK + Web use = Baaaaad!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The file is just a bunch of 1s and 0s like any other, so it can be emailed no problem as CMYK.

Attach it as a file, not as an image embedded in the email. As soon as Mail sees it's an image, it will try to help by converting it to RGB so it can be displayed, but it's obviously doing a bad job.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.