Mac Apps

Reaction score
Ok, had my mac for a little over a month now and im really comfortable with the OS now. I've got the GUI browsing sorted (i no longer need that HUGE button on the trackpad) and I've also got the terminal window sussed.

I'm just not sure on which apps are a must have. I've been told AppleJack is a good app, but..from whats been explained to me i'm unsure how to use it (a tutorial??).

I'd also like to install a distro of linux (on say a 5 or 6GB partition (without windows) and using my 2nd EXT drive as storage for that (I'll be giving a few friends and family a demo of linux at some point).

any info on these subjects would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You will find some information about must have apps. in here and here.

May be it is not a great idea to install Linux in a separate partition as you will have to reboot to select the operating system. I would suggest you to try something like Parallels so that you can work on Linux while you are using OS X. Ubuntu is my personal favorite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.