A bit worried about my MacBook's future...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Well, as anyone who read my thread knows, my dad took my MacBook with him on his last trip to do some video editing. I got my Mac back yesterday and no damage was done, the computer runs fine. In fact, the video he created with my Mac generated more attention to the product that he was featuring. However, my Dad loved the computer so much that he now wants to get a 20" iMac and max out on the specs. Everything on it will be as high as Apple goes on the model, 500 gig HDD, 3 gig of memory, the faster processor, etc. I'm worried that if my Dad does go through with this, I'll completely abandon my MacBook for the bigger, faster iMac. Luckily, I'm moving out of here in another 5 months so I won't be able to forget my MacBook completely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Well, my first computer that I bought was an iBook. I loved it, and took it everywhere. But then when the iSight iMac came out, I wanted one of those. I sold the iBook, and bought the iMac. Loving the iMac, but I still, over a year later, miss the iBook, since I could take it everywhere.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Well, no way am I selling my MacBook so soon. I'll be desperately needing it next semester at UW. I'm not as worried as I'm acting, I'm actually extremely excited that my family is probably going to dump that annoying Dell we have and get a 20" iMac. I was looking at them at CompUSA a few days ago and the 20" is HUGE, despite the fact that it was sitting next to a 24". I just hope I fight the temptation of using it enough to still spend time on my MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I like having my desktop machine and my MacBook. It gives me the best of both worlds. I only really use my MacBook when I am out, which is very often. If I was living in a smaller place though I would probably just take my MacBook.

Even if you do use the iMac, and I can't blame you, you know that will know that you will be using the MacBook frequently pretty soon. Plus how much is your dad going to let you go on the iMac, he is going to want to play around with it :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.