help with a Canon SD600

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I received a used SD-600 from my brother. I love it - the picture quality is great for my needs, and when I plug it into the mac, iPhoto imports the pics automatically. sweet! but... i can't for the life of me figure out how to get the videos off the camera and onto the computer.

I've been searching around for information without luck. Do I need software? I visited the Canon site and don't see anything that would be obvious.

any help is greatly appreciated!

paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
What version of iPhoto are you using? Mine takes the videos right along with the pictures. Otherwise, the videos should still be on the camera/memory card. Normally, this mounts as a drive on your desktop and you can dig into it and find the videos and just copy them over manually.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Dimitri. I am using iPhoto 4.0.3, but frustratingly it doesn't pull the videos. They don't get deleted upon upload with the rest of the photos at least, and they're accumulating on my camera. I also thought the camera would show up as a drive, but it doesn't seem to show up at all except on iPhoto. I'm stumped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I use iPhoto6 which has this capability. Alternately, you could mount the SD card as a drive using Disk Utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.