• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

naughtybutnice

:ph34r: help! ive just been given an old performa 630 with system 7.5.5 which i am using as a stepping stone to convert from pc to mac. ive found loads of compatible software using the broadband on my pc but when i copy them to cd and put them into the mac nothing works. i either get a message saying that the program that created the files is missing or there is nothing to associate the files with.
i have tried to install several different versions of stuffit and alladin etc but they wont work either. even the browser software is missing on the system.
is there any way i can copy these files from my pc to my mac using cd as i have no access to the internet on the mac.
the files i would like to have access to are mp3,avi and jpeg so i need to install the appropriate software to use them...

if anyone can help it would be most appreciated
cheers
az mansell
p.s. i have been given no disks all i have is what is on the hdd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Please do not crosspost. This topic is right to be under the General Mac Software forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.