• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My daughter Just Switched

Reaction score
My daughter is in collage using a Macbook, she hates it. She says the fan never stops. She is home on spring break, she's been using my 17in.PB and says she loves it, the fans never come on and she says everything looks better on the PB. My question is do the still sell 17in PB? Where would one look? Can you still get Apple care? I guess the reason she doesn't like it is she is doing fashion design and the MB video card doesn't make it. I put the MB next to the PB, there is quite a difference. Also the PB seems to respond faster for some reason. She has all updates and keeps her maintenance up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Congrats on having a MacChild™

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
Are you sure it's not 17" screen envy? If I were on a MacBook but got to use a 17" Powerbook or MBP on spring break, I'd want to take it back to school too.

= )

--C. A.

OP
jram
Reaction score
Yeah, it could be the bigger screen. I'm on it right now listening to itunes along with the fan buzzing.
It is sharp though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Congrats on having a MacChild™

Lol. I wish my dad would switch to a mac. He brought home an iMac G4 once, fully loaded. He was supposed to fix it. He didn't even know how to turn it on lol. So I had to show him and it came up and it worked. I told him to play with it and he couldn't figure anything out. He won't even touch my iBook. lol

My uncle hates my iBook too. I went to his house and couldn't get in his wireless because there was a password. He took it and typed the IP in the browser and was like "It won't connect." I said, yea you cant connect to it at all without the password lol.

"Stupid Macs..." IBM geeks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.