Im making the plunge for 100% switch.. financing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Well one thing is for sure. Im selling my PC. I want just a Mac Mini Core Solo. Nothing extremely powerful, just something for my everyday needs. With Mac Mini Solos being cheap, it would take me maybe 6 months to pay it off.

I'll have $300 after I sell my PC to spend, and I make around $275 every two weeks. $300 plus $175 from my paycheck would make it easy to pay it off quickly. But don't tell me to just save my money up. Selling my PC means I need a good computer ASAP as my iBook isn't... worthy of being an everyday computer for an extended period of time. I have a buyer on my computer comming by TODAY. If I can't find any financing options im hitting up ebay TONIGHT for a used mac. :)

When I go to Apple's website I get all this crap about signing up for a Juniper Visa Card. Screw that. Could I just go to an apple store and make a deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
When I go to Apple's website I get all this crap about signing up for a Juniper Visa Card. Screw that. Could I just go to an apple store and make a deal?
That is the financing option for getting a new Apple product. Unfortunately, you can't just walk into a retail store and barter for a better way to pay for things. You would either have to pay in full at the time of sale with cash, check, or an existing credit card... or you would have to get financing through the credit card offer from Apple. I know you didn't want to hear this, but if you don't have the money now and cannot get financing, then you already know the other option:
But don't tell me to just save my money up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I'm going to go against your request and say:

Save your money.

Debt is for the birds.

Reaction score
Start saving right now. Mark your calendar. Saving for something is fun, and it gives you time to think about your purchase. Do the smart thing and take your time. I completely understand your excitement though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
Do you have a savings or a checking account through a bank? If so see if they have any loan options for computers. I bank thru a credit union and they offer a loan specifically for new computers. Stay away from the apple financing unless you can pay it off before the "90days of interest free" are up because otherwise you pay.... "annual percentage rate as low as 13.74%(3)" Key word is as low, which means depending on ur credit rating you could pay more interest.
If you can pay it off in 3 months finance it thru apple, if not see what ur bank offers or.......yup the last option.
I have had the money to buy a macbook and have wanted one since they switched to intel, but still haven't gotten one. y? Because I refuse to dip into my savings so I set aside money every week, towards it, now I'm very close to my goal, and I will be getting a littl bit more for my money now that Macbooks are Core 2. There are benefits to patience.

OP
iBeldar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Well I can put $300 on it. Then $175 every two weeks. I could have it paid off way before 3 months. But its just that I'll need the computer asap. I can't wait a month or two to save up because I need the computer for our band stuff. :)

Its not like it would take a super fast computer to do what we need, its not like we have a REAL studio going. Just simple, transfer from the recorder to the computer, put the tracks together, maybe edit the equilizers, and boom.

Im sure i'll just check out ebay. Then next paycheck get an iPod Nano. Then start saving up for a Mac Mini. :) That way I will have a computer and be able to wait for a new mac.

Never thought about it like that. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.