• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you get paid to surf Mac-Forums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I saw this on a car forum I frequent and thought it'd be interesting to post here...

Working at a cushy graphic-design job with no deadlines and people who are terribly slow at making up their minds makes for a lot of free time to surf the net.

I got paid $0.05 to make this post. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I sorta get paid to surf the net when we are not busy.. I get a % of wholesale gross profit in my department. I make no hourly. Its me and two other guys.. so depending on how you look at it I get paid to surf..

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
If I am between jobs in the working day or on a night shift then I can use the work computer as often as I like. I can then get paid to surf the net so theorectically I can get paid for surfing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I wish I had a job... that I could do this.. sigh. jobs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I can't surf M-F at work because I'm usually working with the children or doing something at all times. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Well I'm unemployed and get benefits so in theory the government is paying for me to surf the net. w00t!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Well I'm unemployed and get benefits so in theory the government is paying for me to surf the net. w00t!

Good thing it's the UK's tax money that is paying you. If you were in the US, I would lecture you on how you should get a job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I'm lucky enough to work on an IT helpdesk that is very quiet so most of my posting is during the day. It also helps that the management seem to have no clue how little we have to do - Last week I was asked to put a report together but put it off for almost a week while fobbing them off with how snowed under I am, then completed it in about 45mins to a chorus of "Thank you, thats excellent. Thank you so much." I also find time for books, PSP and films on the portable DVD player.

Sadly I finish this job next month so I'll soon be doing "real" work I expect. Man am I gonna miss this place...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Wish I did get paid to surf, I'd be rich! I've heard about those places that pay people to use the net but I figured it was some kind of a scam so I never checked it out.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there have been nights at work that i've probably posted more here than done actual work (planned, project, or break/fix).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Good thing it's the UK's tax money that is paying you. If you were in the US, I would lecture you on how you should get a job.

I'll let you into a little secret....I don't get nothing off the Government, it's just goes down better than me saying I'm a spoilt brat that lives off my Parents. *Don't hurt me*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I work from home about 50% of the day, the rest I'm on the road working...and seeing as my employer is located in another state and everything is done through the internet (all of my assignments and what not are dispatched through my company's computer system to our work comps)...I'd say yeah, I get payed to surf the net lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 30 gig black ipod, 1 gig black nano, 2 gig blue nano
I'm on scholarship, and surf via my school's wifi, when I'm in class, because I don't need to take notes in obnoxious gen ed classes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.