Site Down???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Was the Server down for the last 2 hours (or so)????

Or was it just me???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
It wasn't just you. It was down (or acted as if it was down) earlier. One time I got the main page, but it just hung on going to Profile. Seems to be okay now, at least for the moment

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Thanks Mathogre. I kept getting the "Server has timed out/not responding" error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
not just you ride, I could not get on myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I had problems too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're welcome RIDE! If you look at "Today's Posts", you'll see a 2 hour break between a couple of posts (10:43AM - 12:46PM, local EDT). It's 12:56PM here now.

Reaction score
Just curious, is Mac Forums on a dedicated server or are they on shared sever?

This has been happening more often than it should where the site is down for an hour+...

This site is way too big to be using a shared server and if it's dedicated I'd be having a talk with whoever about all this down time. It's not normal at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just curious, is Mac Forums on a dedicated server or are they on shared sever?

This has been happening more often than it should where the site is down for an hour+...

This site is way too big to be using a shared server and if it's dedicated I'd be having a talk with whoever about all this down time. It's not normal at all.
This free service is provided courtesy of iNET Interactive. Given the overall availability of the service, the generally fast response times, and the willingness of our hosts to store files (attachments of a generous size), as well as the fact that none of us pays a penny to use it, I think an occasional "Thank You! to iNET is actually in order.

Accordingly,

Thank you iNET for providing this service to us!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I couldn't get on this morning at 7:30 AM MST

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
It was okay from Australia, but then again with the time difference here to there I would have been on at different times to the rest of you. I does get a bit lonely on line sometimes, cause when I am on line most of you would be tucked up in bed.

Reaction score
This free service is provided courtesy of iNET Interactive. Given the overall availability of the service, the generally fast response times, and the willingness of our hosts to store files (attachments of a generous size), as well as the fact that none of us pays a penny to use it, I think an occasional "Thank You! to iNET is actually in order.

Accordingly,

Thank you iNET for providing this service to us!
Heh...you can't beat FREE! Whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I find this site to be sometimes "not very responsive" but considering the fact it's free and it's up most of the time, I some what feel guilty for complaining.

*Runs off Crying into a Corner"

Reaction score
Now that I know it's being hosted for free there isn't anything to complain about.

If I was paying for it there would be some discussion with the hosting company about all the down time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
It does mention on the status page that the hosts seemed to have been under a DoS attack. But has since been resolved.

March 12th 2007 13:12
Resolved - Denial of Service Attack

Currently our network is under attack from a distributed denial of service attack. We are working with our hosting provider to mitigate the current attack. We apologize for the inconvenience!

That might of been the cause :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Now that I know it's being hosted for free there isn't anything to complain about.

If I was paying for it there would be some discussion with the hosting company about all the down time.

I'm here quite often and other than the recent DoS attack, I haven't really ever noticed any downtime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Yeah, I wouldn't say there is a whole lot of downtime.

:)

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't say there is a whole lot of downtime.

:)
Actually it happens quite a bit. Maybe I'm just lucky. Seems they are probably rebooting the server but sometimes it's down 20-30 minutes. You guys need to spend more time here.
rofl5.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have noticed a lot of times where Safari will sit there, saying "completed 25 of 26 items" but never finish. If I then press the "X" button on Safari, the page draws. This happens quite often, perhaps as much as once every two or three days, and seems to persist for 20 minutes to half an hour. I have tried it with Firefox and Camino and they all react the same way. I have always assumed it was a site issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Ahhh... this very issue is also being discussed in this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55503

Looks like we have a problem with one of our advertizing sponsors. When their stuff doesn't load, Safari holds the page and won't draw until it is done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.