• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favourite game of all time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
What is everyone here favourite computer game?

Any games console... or arcade machine

Mine is : Pokemon Red - Gameboy - handheld
Tony Hawks Skateboarding 3 - PS2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I wouldn't be able to say I have a favorite game.. There's too many good video games.. I voted for the x360 since it pwns.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
my favorite game or i should say games are the rainbow six series. love everyone. especially sence there made in canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Doom
F.E.A.R.
Painkiller
Quake

I like the PS3 best - but have the XBox 360 as well and it's cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
My current favorite console right now is the 30 with the Wii being a close second. There are no good games for the PS3 and won't be until the summer when MGS4 comes out, so mine is currently collecting a lot of dust. :(

I do not have a favorite game of all time, but games I have really enjoyed in the past five-six years have been.

KOTOR
God of War
Gears of War
Resident Evil 4
FF X

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
My current favorite console right now is the 30 with the Wii being a close second. There are no good games for the PS3 and won't be until the summer when MGS4 comes out, so mine is currently collecting a lot of dust. :(

I do not have a favorite game of all time, but games I have really enjoyed in the past five-six years have been.

KOTOR
God of War
Gears of War
Resident Evil 4
FF X

What did you think of FF XII?
the new battle system of running around i think is good but not a fan of tbh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
What did you think of FF XII?
the new battle system of running around i think is good but not a fan of tbh

I'll be honest, and say that although I have the game I have just not had enough time to play it. Especially since my recent promotion, I spend most of my life at work now more so than before. I need to start that game soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
It depends on what I'm in the mood for. Currently, I'm playing the crap out of Rainbow 6 Vegas for the 360. Personally, I liked it a whole lot better than Gears of War. Now I'm not saying GOW was a bad game, but I'm more of a tactical realistic shooter type of guy.

FFXII, I thought was fun. It took me a while to get used to the whole gambit system. But once you got the gist of it, the game plays like a dream. Fights move by quickly so it isn't tiring, and lvling up isn't so bad anymore. The story has got to be one of the best stories I've experienced in the FF series. However, I didn't like the traveling system in it. Just beware though, the game is LONG. I bought the game since released, and haven't beaten it yet due to time constraints. But I'm already clocking in about 60+ hours. But then again, some of the puzzles really stumped me. I suck at puzzles.

Reaction score
My little brother brought his 360 over to my place not too long ago, and we played Rainbow 6 Vegas split-screen on my plasma. While I can't say that it's realistic it's definitely entertaining. Being able to play with another live human being in the same room made it much more interesting than relying on an AI team.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
It depends on what I'm in the mood for. Currently, I'm playing the crap out of Rainbow 6 Vegas for the 360. Personally, I liked it a whole lot better than Gears of War. Now I'm not saying GOW was a bad game, but I'm more of a tactical realistic shooter type of guy.

exactly my belief.. i like RS: vegas alot better the GOW, even thought that is a hella good game too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
By realistic, I meant the weaponry. I enjoy playing video games that use real world weapons. Which pretty much means, I enjoy almost any Tom Clancy game there is.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
All-time favorite: Stunt Track Racer on the Commodore 64 ;) I also still enjoy a bout in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! on the original NES.

As far as the current batch of games? I'm a huge Half-Life 2 and Call of Duty-series fan.

Reaction score
By realistic, I meant the weaponry. I enjoy playing video games that use real world weapons. Which pretty much means, I enjoy almost any Tom Clancy game there is.

Ah, gotcha. I have a SIG 552 Commando myself. :)

552-quick.jpg

Here it is after I got the quad-rail:

552-discrete.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Grand Theft Auto. Liked them all so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice ToddG. I'm not too familiar with gun laws, but I'm assuming that commando is semi-auto?
I can't shoot guns to save my life.
I'm more of an archery type of guy. It's the Mongolian in me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
Probably Splinter Cell-series.

Stealth assassin/secret agent with lots of hi-tech gadgets..... nice

:cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i wasnt a big fan of halo 2. i couldnt get enough halo , but for some reason, i didnt like halo 2 :s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
I couldn't drive the tank-thingy so I gave up. Now give me a BFG and I'm a happy girl... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.