G4 Trying to share files

Reaction score
Ok, so I now have a borrowed G4 machine running OS 9.2 My home network consists of a netgear DSL modem and router and the G4 is connected to a spare port. It can access the Internet and browse, download files etc. However, no matter what I do, it is unable to see the other PCs on the network.

Any ideas where to start? I am just learning how the OS works so am complete beginner with Mac OS though have done quite a bit with Windows so can normally get a network going without much trouble./

Thanks for any ideas in advance.

OP
wheels5894
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. have installed the demo but something is wrong with the setup. I'll try agin I think.

Does OSX solve this problem? If aso it is probably simpler to upgrade that fiddle with other programs. I suppose Leopard will be with us shortly.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OSX works perfectly with any Windows network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I had os 9 for 2 days before i got rid of it, so hard to use compared to OS X

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.