The Result of a Photoshop Mess Around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey guys & girls.

I have just been pottering about in Photoshop and made some wallpapers...

Feel free to use them if you like them.

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Wallpaper Mess About.jpg

Flower Wallpaper.jpg

Flower Wallpaper v2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
that's pretty cool cris, i took a class on photoshop and i'm still not that good at it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
not bad. They seem a little like default themes to me - much like themes you'd find in iDVD/iMovie, but they're great images.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
not bad. They seem a little like default themes to me - much like themes you'd find in iDVD/iMovie, but they're great images.

I see what you mean, I was messing around with adjustment layers from a cool video tutorial I watched. Basically you make a frame using a vector shape and layer style's and then create and adjustment layer that desaturates the image within the frame then you simply invert the effect and walla!

The cool thing about this is that you can then move the frame & adjustment layer around the image and still get the section within the frame coloured and the rest desaturated.

thanks for the comments guys. It's not my best work but as I say, it was simply a mess about with adjustment layers.

Regards,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I see what you mean, I was messing around with adjustment layers from a cool video tutorial I watched. Basically you make a frame using a vector shape and layer style's and then create and adjustment layer that desaturates the image within the frame then you simply invert the effect and walla!

The cool thing about this is that you can then move the frame & adjustment layer around the image and still get the section within the frame coloured and the rest desaturated.

thanks for the comments guys. It's not my best work but as I say, it was simply a mess about with adjustment layers.

Regards,

yeah, adjustment layers are brilliant to work with. Whenever I'm doing photo retouching, or anything in photoshop really, I'll use adjustment layers simply because they can be edited at any time, and are saved with the .psd. Adjustments from the menu bar can't be edited (unless you enjoy hitting apple+z)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.