Waiting till September

Reaction score
So I've made the decision to switch finally! Been trying out my cousin's MacBook, and it's sexy!!!

I'm a university student, so am planning to buy a white MacBook in August-September. I'm hoping for some student specials, I heard last year they were giving free ipod with a MacBook purchase. Are there usually back to school specials every year?

Also, wondering about the AppleCare warranty. Someone told me that it didn't cover some stuff, like the battery, and power adapter...? Is this true?

Reaction score
Make sure that you check out your universities school store. You can usually get a pretty decent discount there. Also, the apple refurbished store is good place to find good deals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
well, i know they gave away the ipod nanos because they were releasing the new nanos with the color options, so i don't know about a student discount this time around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Here in the UK to get the student discount I had to purchase my MacBook on one of the university computers as the Apple website requires this.

There maybe a special discount such as an iPod thrown in...maybe they will chuck in a free iPhone (not likely :D ) but the student discount is always well worth it whatever time of year you make your purchase. Welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Also, wondering about the AppleCare warranty. Someone told me that it didn't cover some stuff, like the battery, and power adapter...? Is this true?[/QUOTE]

If they are faulty from the factory than they are covered. You will have to prove any defect to Apple. Unless it is a well documented problem. Any accidental damage you do to your mac will never be covered under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Inform them that you are a student over the phone and they will have a whole load of special deals.
I got a free printer lol :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I too will be buying a new Mac laptop this September for starting Uni, hopefully a mid range MacBook Pro (15 inch). Here in the UK, there normally is a £60 printer rebate and hopefully they will have the £100 iPod rebate again (if the touchscreen widescreen iPod is not out then I'll buy a nano and sell it).

Buying from a Uni network gives around 15% discount and a 3 year limited warranty (upgradable to full Applecare for around £60).

I'm just hoping Apple come out with a smaller MacBook Pro with a dedicated graphics card and integrated superdrive before September!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.