increasing a bootcamp partition

Reaction score
hi i am new to mac and just installed xp on it via bootcamp assistant...i made it too small and would like to increase to 10gig, is this possible? to increase a xp partition.. any suggestions? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
afaik you can't unless you remove the partition and recreate it bigger.

Ad

Reaction score
afaik you can't unless you remove the partition and recreate it bigger.

Ad

I also made the same mistake. My partition is 32 gigs, way to small. How hard is it to start over?

Do you have a link?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
hi i am new to mac and just installed xp on it via bootcamp assistant...i made it too small and would like to increase to 10gig, is this possible? to increase a xp partition.. any suggestions? thanks

"Also posted by gal amy: I also made the same mistake. My partition is 32 gigs, way to small. How hard is it to start over?"

You do not have to re-create the partition. Download and use the free preview version of CampTune from Paragon software. It will non-destructively allow you to increase or decrease your Boot Camp partition.

Download from here.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
or you can use winclone to make an image of your bootcamp drive.
Then recreate it, then copy it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.