Error code -36 cannot connect to windows over router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I have a wireless router with my Windows PC wired to it and my MBP connected wirelessly. About a month ago I transfered files between the two computers over the network no problem ... all I had to do was make a few changes on the Windows sharing side and it worked.

Well now I wanted to connect via smb in finder and I keep getting an Error Code -36, meaning I Windows is denying me for some reason or another. I have my Mac sharing set to allow Personal File Sharing and Windows Sharing. I have my Windows PC Shared Folder set to allow sharing. I even turned all the firewalls off.

I have also gone into my router config and allowed ports 137-139 because that is the ports that I was told were used by Samba.

Is there anything I may be overlooking in this process that will allow for connectivity??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.