So I visited the Apple Store on Regent Street in London....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
... which is supposed to be the biggest in the world (and it is huge!!). I wanted to buy a 4-pin FireWire cable for connecting my video camera with my Mac and I was told by one the guys there that they do not sell them since "we do not sell video cameras"!!

How irritating and useless is that? They have loads of space, but if you look closely, the only cables and connectors they sell is what comes in the box with a new Mac. Not great Apple.....

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but it is understandable that is not an item in their inventory.

I bet the store was awesome though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd
how awesome could it be? its not like apple has a TON of computers or laptop models to put on display....just wondering what else they had in the store..i would be upset too if they didnt have some basic cables like the one you are looking for, i think that if the cable can be plugged into the mac they should make the effort to carry it..it would only increase the stores sales #s..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
how awesome could it be? its not like apple has a TON of computers or laptop models to put on display....just wondering what else they had in the store..i would be upset too if they didnt have some basic cables like the one you are looking for, i think that if the cable can be plugged into the mac they should make the effort to carry it..it would only increase the stores sales #s..

Not really as Most Peripherals come with the Wires you require, so although it's handy I doubt they would actually make much money of it. As most the cables I have got has been from Previous Products I have brought.

The only cable that I didn't get included with other stuff is the Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter.

Yea I've been to the one in Birmingham and to me that seems about the right size they have a few of the same models but they have them hooked up to different stuff like Music Keyboards, Video Cameras and iPods. So maybe in the bigger store they just have the numerous Macs just showcasing it doing different things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd
Not really as Most Peripherals come with the Wires you require, so although it's handy I doubt they would actually make much money of it. As most the cables I have got has been from Previous Products I have brought.

The only cable that I get included with other stuff is the Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter.

Yea I've been to the one in Birmingham and to me that seems about the right size they have a few of the same models but they have them hooked up to different stuff like Music Keyboards, Video Cameras and iPods. So maybe in the bigger store they just have the numerous Macs just showcasing it doing different things.

i usually get the most basic cables with my peripherals..and i have never recieved a firewire cable with one of my camcorders

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.