Seeing my son!

T

terrystone

My son recently ran off with a red head to SD only to wind up in a double wide, working the last manufacturing job left in the mid west and without a girl friend (she split). All this in the snow (he's from So Cal).

So I sent him a Dell PC and a Logitech camera so I coud see if he's eating or not! He got an AOL AIM screen name and one fromYahoo.

I, on the other hand, have a new 12 PowerBook with an iSight and my own AIM screen name.

We have spent hours trying to get this to work. (He doesn't drive and is an hour outside of some little armpit town where all they do is drink themselves silly.)

On iChat he can see and hear me, but I get nothing and on Yahoo, I can see but not hear him and he gets nothing! So we're just using the typing part of all this great technology.

I'm on Panther and since his machine is brand new I would assume he's got XT or what ever is the newest in the PC world.

Can anybody help me see my kid?? Please!

Terry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Hmmm make sure that you both have the latest versions of iChat and AIM. Apple released a new version of iChat just a week ago that supports video chat with AIM 5.5

Send him to www.aim.com and make sure that he has the latest version

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
In the mean time, if he can get hold of a digital camera - maybe he can e-mail you some pic attachments. Hope this helps A new Dell has windows XP fyi

OP
T

terrystone

My son in SD (iChat)

For once we are both completely uptodate in the software dept.

What's funny is that he can see me on iChat and I can't. And that Yahoo works at all! (But the quality is sooo terrible, I really want to fix this problem on iChat!!)

Terry

(And why does my Seti keep popping up at the wrong time? Now it's showing up when I hit return to send this email (I know, hit the submit buttom))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
get broadband. supa fast broadband and quality will be better

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.