• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

someone who doesnt like macs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Hi MikeyMan,
This was posted yesterday HERE

I thought the guy spent a fair amount of time.. just spewing garbage. What did you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't even need to click on the link and read it to tell you that personally, I don't care one iota if someone else doesn't like a particular computer or operating system.
I don't even bother giving things like that the time of day.

I won't waste my time and theirs by reading their rant if they don't share my opinions, nor am I going to enter in an argument/discussion/point-counterpoint about why I like something that they don't.

I mean, its a computer/OS... a person doesn't have to like it if I do.... and I don't have to care that they don't like it.

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
argh!!!
i keep reposting stuff :(
i thought i found something new

I find him amusing, but the fact he was installing itunes on a pc doesnt exactly make a mac rubbish, it just shows up his pc.
Has anyone read his book? The alphabet of manliness

wow RIDE, your rep has gone up loads since i last logged in here

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I checked his page. Try his main page. The dood is crazy. A pedophile test? Saying all people with a certain smile are that way? Wow.

DB is right, a complete waste of time.

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I checked his page. Try his main page. The dood is crazy. A pedophile test? Saying all people with a certain smile are that way? Wow.

DB is right, a complete waste of time.

Yeah, It makes me laugh
He does spend quite a bit of time making these things lol

Even if macs are better than pcs...
maybe he cant afford 1 :bone:

Reaction score
I love reading his stuff. I'm sorry to see he doesn't like Mac's but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if you want to read some very honest opinions, read the other articles on his site. I have, and 90% of them crack me up, because they have that, "I've always thought that, but never said it." feel to them. Not to mention, he's surprisingly intelligent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I've always felt that even when some is saying something in an offensive manner, they can redeem themselves if the content is either funny or insightful. I thought the guy was pretty funny, so I'm OK with it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
looks funny to me. ever read any of the his other articles? I personally feel that if he has enough time to put everything on the internet that he hates, he doens't have miuch of a life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I don't even need to click on the link and read it to tell you that personally, I don't care one iota if someone else doesn't like a particular computer or operating system.
I don't even bother giving things like that the time of day.

I won't waste my time and theirs by reading their rant if they don't share my opinions, nor am I going to enter in an argument/discussion/point-counterpoint about why I like something that they don't.

I mean, its a computer/OS... a person doesn't have to like it if I do.... and I don't have to care that they don't like it.

Well said :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
this saddens me, that people hate macs just because they are so much more user friendly.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'll grant him the right to an informed opinion. What bothers me is an opinion firmly grounded in ignorance. The phrase "don't knock it until you try it" comes to mind as I read this blather...

...and if you feel like you can't make a significant statement without swearing, then maybe it's because your statement has little substance to begin with!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
This bloke doesn't like much at all:eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Everyone has their preference , i didnt like mac's much until they went to Intel, prices came down to more realistic range, and they let me run windows, biggest selling point, no windows = no buy macbook.

Now my friend at work is going to sell is 2 desktops and get a macbook pro 15", even though he just bought a new 15" Acer laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Wow.

Pretty shocked by how many people are reacting to this as if it is the typical "I hate Macs" rant. Go back (Or just go for Devilboy:black: ) and have a look at some of the faults he finds with Apple and Mac users...
As I said (When I posted this 1st:spook: ) he tends to do the "I hate everything type of humour (And some of his stuff is very funny - yet totally offensive all the same), you can't even consider this a Mac vs PC rant, it's simply a rant.
379,176 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as ******.
And, lets face it, it's clear that what most annoys him is not the computer he has obviously never used but the smug attitude that is portrayed.

It's about as far from a serious article as you can get.

Now, wether it's your kind of humour or not is another story but come on guys! If you read it and came away thinking "Gosh what a silly man, Macs are great! I totally disagree" then I think you missed the point...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.