• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you want to see in Leopard?

Reaction score
This is a dream thread, What would you like to see in leopard? This could be anything from Eyecandy type things, down to sheer coding is its to your liking, new things and features included in the OS.

mine would be.

1. Simple Microsoft API (.exe) support
2. An active desktop,basically dashboard on the desktop.
3. More complete photo editing in iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'd like to see it released! :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
1. Better port-redirection options for printers
2. More customizable GUI (without requiring kludgy add-ons)
3. An "advanced" mode for Spotlight that will dredge the entire disk, including hidden and system folders, given root authentication.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
This is a dream thread, What would you like to see in leopard? This could be anything from Eyecandy type things, down to sheer coding is its to your liking, new things and features included in the OS.

mine would be.

1. Simple Microsoft API (.exe) support
2. An active desktop,basically dashboard on the desktop.
3. More complete photo editing in iPhoto
iPhoto isn't part of OS X, its part of iLife

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
ooo...i want a feature that turns my mac into a blender complete with frappe setting and a feature that gives my dog a bath!!

Reaction score
A much approved Finder or a replacement, maybe something akin to a launcher-type app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
I believe this topic has been covered elsewhere, because someone in another thread mentioned a desire for tabs in Terminal -- and I completely agree with them. If Apple doesn't include this, I'm going to scream. And then I'm going to buy Leopard anyway.

While we're at it, I'd like to see a more scriptable Terminal...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I'd like to see folders that I can password protect without having to make a disc-image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I'd mainly like to see a Release Date...

Better Customisation of the Interface, Spotlight to be alot quicker more like QuickSilver, better support for Home Networking (make it easier :'() and also to Password protect certain folders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I forget whether this is a hardware or software issue (I'm pretty sure hardware) but, if possible, I would like to have A2DP-enabled bluetooth for my MBP so I can use wireless earphones to listen to music. I think this is going to be big in the near future and the technology is already there. It's time to cut the cord!

I haven't heard anything about this for the iPhone, but I'm preying it's a feature not released yet. It's already so much a downer that there's no 3G compatibility on a product that requires downloading entire web pages!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
i wish you could adjust the volume controlls between seperate programs

Reaction score
Another thing is a more improved searching functionality. It never works for me inside folders.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.