Anyone buy a MB from Amazon? Does Apple offer a cheap Leopard upgrade?

Reaction score
Amazon has a $100 rebate on the Black MacBook, plus they dont charge tax like Mac.com. Anyone have any issues purchasing through Amazon.com ?

Another question, does Apple offer a cheap Leopard upgrade for people who purchase a MacBook? Since Leopard is due out anytime now, Im debating on waiting. Microsoft offered a low cost upgrade back in November till Vista came out. Does Apple do anything similar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Apple offers a cheap one time full upgrade for $129. Ok that's just the price of leopard. There is no cheap low cost upgrade per say. I say buy a mac now. If you can wait, wait. But you could be waiting a long time.
And i know nothing about macs on amazon. Didn't even no they sold them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If an OS update is released within 14 days of your purchase then Apple usually allows you to upgrade the OS at a discounted cost. In the event that Leopard does actually come out within that timeframe after you buy a new Mac, then simply check out the Apple site for details on how to obtain the upgrade.
Otherwise, you will have to pay the full price for the new OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you're a college student, you can take solace in the fact that Apple has an educational discount on its operating system. Also, many schools sell operating systems for quite cheap (a Tiger license at my school is a fraction of even the discounted copy available from Apple).

Reaction score
I bought my MB from Amazon a few weeks ago. (white, 2gb memory, 120 GB HD). They had it slightly cheaper-not by much, about $20. Also, I ordered it on a Friday, and had it the next day..It was Mother's Day weekend, so UPS was delivering on Saturdays.

It was a good experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The OP posted this two years ago and is currently banned. I would imagine he's probably no longer interested in getting an answer to this question

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.