• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How do I clean a MacBook screen?

Reaction score
Question explains my problem, I just wanna wipe something on it and make it look like was when it just came out of the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple said:
Cleaning Your MacBook Display
Follow these general rules when cleaning the screen.
+Shut down your MacBook, detach the power adapter, and remove the battery.
+Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only and wipe the screen.
+Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.

Source link: http://www.apple.com/support/macbook/care/

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a lot of research on this when I got a new flat screen for my desktop. I always found that all the recommended cleaning methods left streaks. Finally, I found this stuff called Klear Screen that is fantastic. I bought a pack about a year ago and I haven't actually touched the bottle of fluid yet. The kit I got contained a couple wipes that are incredible. Not only are the wipes brilliant on screens but they will make your keyboard look almost new. It wasn't cheap (about £30 but it did come to the UK from the States) but it does contain a big very soft lint-free microfibre cloth and an even softer polishing cloth. And a big bottle of fluid. I believe you can get the wipes separately but I am not sure. However, whatever the price, it is glorious to have a perfectly clean screen.

I hope this helps.

David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.