will Leopard install on an Ibook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
wondering if Leopard will install on the older Macs like an Ibook?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I don't think anyone knows enough about the specs for Leopard since it's still under development to definitively answer your question.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Although not authoritative I'll go out on a limb and say that Leopard will run fine on anything G4 based and above.

It will also likely work fine on higher end G3 equipment but minus the bells and whistles.

OS X has a history of "degrading gracefully" to work on older machinery and in some cases the newer versions work better than the older one, i.e Tiger on my G4 iMac with only 256Mb RAM actually works better than the OSX 10.1 it originally came with although I think the sweet spot was 10.3.9 for that particular machine.

Amen-Moses

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
cool, last question for a newbie. Other than some of the programs are updated in Leopard, is there much of a difference than Tiger? Will it actually look different like all the Windows do when they update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
cool, last question for a newbie. Other than some of the programs are updated in Leopard, is there much of a difference than Tiger? Will it actually look different like all the Windows do when they update?
I think this post answers more or less all of your questions about Leopard:
I don't think anyone knows enough about the specs for Leopard since it's still under development to definitively answer your question.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.