• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Whats your occupation?? Where do you live??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Thought some of us would like to find out a bit more about each other so here goes.

This "Whats your occupation? and Where do you live??"

If you don't have an occupation currently don't be put off because no one will judge you. If it helps you can say what you have done before, or what you want/would like to do will count.

Also something about where you live would be nice.

Here goes.

Operations manager fitting in car video systems to Police cars here in Victoria Australia. Before that starting from when I left school....Police officer for 24 years, briefly sold real estate after my wife developed her 2nd bout of cancer, and as she became worse, home carer for her and our daughter. The chemotherapy she is on now, is better and she is not sick as often, so I am back in the work force.

I live in Werribee, a suburb of Melbourne Victoria Australia.

Reaction score
Werribee?!

Just kidding mate.

Lol at a former copper nicknamed Maddog. Lucky for me I'm a good boy.:black:

Sorry to hear about your wife. I know what it's like having that in the family. Good luck.

Okay I'm in Melbourne as well. We're in the southern tip of Australia (Pulse-8 can lay claim to being the furthest downunder). I live in East St. Kilda and I like it. It's in the bay area of our city. Lots of nice girls, bars, cafes, tourists, a nice long promenade and a beach, though admittedly not that good by Aussie standards.

At the moment I work 3 days a week at a University, just to pay the rent. The rest of the week is taken up with a multitude of creative endeavours. I'm lucky enough that I have some money from these things so I don't have to "work" fulltime. Looking forward to ditching the "rent-payer" for good in 2007.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I live in Edinburgh, Scotland and live in a flat with my fiancee and our dog right next to the beach. Sounds good but most of the year the beach is battered with winds and rain since it is in scotland!

I work as a Computing SUpport Officer for Edinburgh University, i spend two days a week on helpdesk answer calls and e-mails from people and the other 3 days i spend at the main hospital for the city in the research labs and main hospital area fixing a multitude of different things!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I live in Birmingham (S), UK and I am currently unemployed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"
Well gang, I live and work in the deserts of Kuwait. I am an instructor working with Coalition Forces. Been here for a while and if was not for my MBP I would probably wander around the desert lost, talking to camels and collecting sand!

Reaction score
East St Kilda .... !! ::jealous::

I played at the POW a couple of times in the late 80's...fond memories.

I live in Hobart, the capital of Tasmania. We moved here from Sydney in 1990. I lived in Sydney for 20 yrs and before that lived in the city of my birth - Glasgow, for 10 yrs.

I worked for Aust Post ever since I left school in 1974 and had to leave due to injury, in 2000. I transferred from Sydney to Hobart so I came here with a job already which helps.

Hobart has changed so much since we first moved here. Sydney had 7 day trading and some stores even opened 24hrs a day. This was 1990 remember. Here in Hobart, when we first arrived, the shops in town closed at 1pm on Saturday and didn't open at all on Sunday. There were no McDonalds here and we were habitual McDonalds breakfast enjoyers so we missed out there too. So it was a bit of a shock to the system.

Nowadays, it's really a happening place (in Summer, at least) with restaraunts and alfresco dining almost on every corner. The old dock area has been transformed into a really interesting place to be and we host one of the best markets, Salamanca Markets, known throughout the world. There are also some really good shops - of course the Apple Store is the best. We are probably still 10 yrs behind Melbourne and Sydney but it's not so painful now compared to 15 yrs ago.

So, workwise I'm retired and fortunate enough to be able to survive out of the workforce. I never want for something to do, never get bored and get to use my iMac whenever I say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I live and go to school in Towson Maryland. I actually live kinda border line Towson/Baltimore.
When I'm not at school, and goofin around, I work as a grease monkey at a local ma n pa garage. Pay's not bad, but during the winter it gets real cold, cause the garage isn't heated. And during the summer, after a long hot day of work, I am just completely drenched with sweat.

Reaction score
SlickShoes we get Winter in Melbourne as well, not as harsh as yours, but it's one of my favourite times to go to the beach. Got an Uncle who studied and played rugby at Edinburgh University, said it was one of the best times of his life.

Big D think of something you really enjoy doing and try to get a job in that field.

Teak that's a heck of a place and a heck of a job. Just had an image of you doing Lawrence of Arabia out in the desert.

Pulse-8 you know POW rocks bro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
SlickShoes we get Winter in Melbourne as well, not as harsh as yours, but it's one of my favourite times to go to the beach. Got an Uncle who studied and played rugby at Edinburgh University, said it was one of the best times of his life.

Big D think of something you really enjoy doing and try to get a job in that field.

Teak that's a heck of a place and a heck of a job. Just had an image of you doing Lawrence of Arabia out in the desert.

Pulse-8 you know POW rocks bro.

I do enjoy the crashing waves and wind but when i have to walk the dog in whatever weather gets thrown at us for an hour a night its sometimes annoying! Saying that ever since ive moved here im much more relaxed every night i get the chance to look accross to the sea and out into the ocean and realise how small and insignificant my one life really is!

Reaction score
I like the sound of that, especially with your coastline. Morvern Callar is one of my favourite flicks and I love the Scottish scenes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
Wow, some people here have really interesting jobs!

As you can see from my sig, im the Apple Campus rep for my uni, Brunel University in London, England. Im living in student halls atm, but im moving into a student house in a few months.

Reaction score
I am a Pilot/Student at Indiana State University, I also fly cargo as well, and am a IT Analyst for the University.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"
Thanks, been a long time stalker, first time poster. I like this place, no sand and it's air conditioned!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Graphic design for Jacuzzi.
Own a wedding videography company.
Freelance design on the side.

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
I live in Michigan. I also have a job as a grocery bagger in the local grocery store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Montebello, CA (Burb of Los Angeles)
Senior Designer/Engineering Group Leader.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Vermont
Webmaster

*ToddG - Ironic - I just received my uncle's obituary via email. He lived in Rockville for a long time. I've been there a few times - I love DC.

Reaction score
*ToddG - Ironic - I just received my uncle's obituary via email. He lived in Rockville for a long time. I've been there a few times - I love DC.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, Lisa.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.