Anyone else annoyed by....

Reaction score
The security code thing while trying to do a search. For some reason I could not get it right 11 times...

I guess looking from an Admin POV you don't want spammers on the site..but from a spammers POV...why would you want ot use a bot to do searches?

Anyway, just wanted to vent....

M

MacHeadCase

I don't have that at all...

Have you been planning in destroying the forum again?

Nah kidding. I really don't see what you are seeing at all. Maybe contact staff and ask what gives? Or it might be your ISP, perhaps?

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
I don't have that at all...

Have you been planning in destroying the forum again?

Nah kidding. I really don't see what you are seeing at all. Maybe contact staff and ask what gives? Or it might be your ISP, perhaps?

Oh wait a sec....
trying logging out and then doing a search.

I tried to do a search before I logged in.....

LOL :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
I only see the security code when I'm not logged in... otherwise, I can search with no problem...

Is there anyway this could be happening to you? Not being logged in when you are searching?

If anything though... I can at least verify I have seen this security code... :)

Edit: Ok looks like that was it!

M

MacHeadCase

I know that certain info is available to logged in users only and that suits me fine.

For example, a visitor cannot look up member profiles and such. Visitors can't see the Buy/Sell/Trade sub-forums either.

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah Yeah...it was the logged in thing...I am a DUM BASS... I know...move along...nothing to see here :)

M

MacHeadCase

ROTFL

It's all part of getting the hang of using the forum. I still get my feet tangled up in the carpet's flowers too. We all do. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Just to embarrass you a bit DeathToToasters... I'm going to wait until this thread falls ALMOST out of sight, then...... BUMP!

:D:D:D

M

MacHeadCase

You evil, evil man, you!
icon12.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
lol i was confused as i tried it an fine. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Yeah Yeah Yeah...it was the logged in thing...I am a DUM BASS... I know...move along...nothing to see here :)

ROTFL!! I can sure say I know how you feel. This thread was quite enjoyable, unfortunately at your expense :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yeah.. it sure was funny!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ok... ok.... I won't do it again! Somebody else is gong to have to 
023.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
:black: Bump!:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I sympathize with DeathtoToasters and others who aren't logged in or haven't subscribed yet and try to search. The security code, while an excellent idea, is painful.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
its free to sign up. no one has to deal with a code if they don't want to. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.