What made you decide to switch?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what made you decide to make the switch to using Macs.
Was it the security? The look of the product? The software available?

For me, it is the lack of organization available in Windows. The applications leave files in many places, and there is a lack of real structure. It's a mess! I want to be able to have a folder and browse all of the applications that I have, and the mac will give me that.

I'm going to go more in detail soon, because the next post on my blog is going to be about what influenced me to switch, and what I am most looking forward to most.

Post your reasoning for switching in this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The love of a good woman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Because everytime you launch MS Windows, a cute little kitten dies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Justin Long, he's just so cool and hip.

For real though, I'm not quite sure. Partly aesthetics, partly rebellion (in the loosest sense of the word) against my parents who have both been using windows since the beginning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
OS X. FreeBSD at the heart and soul of the Mac.

Reaction score
I used to love it when my PC broke down because I got new hardware or software to fix it. I found my love for fixing my computer was waning and I was sometimes dreading turning on my computer for putting in new software or hardware for fear it would just not work right.

Two friends I respect greatly went to iMacs and I started to move that dorection. The tipping point came when the Intel core2duos were the put in as the prcessor. Of course, as I have stated before, the decision was made when my lovely and wonderful wife bought me a 24"iMac for Christmas. While there are a couple of things I can currently do on the PC much easier than on the Mac, I made the decision to pull the PC plug and completely removed it from the room this weekend. Talk about liberation!

So that, my Mac friend is a long and painful answer to your question!
:)

Mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Ctrl, Alt, and Delete... Need I say more?

Reaction score
I got this email a few times - If I sent the email to 10 other people, it would help Microsoft test a new email program and Bill Gates himself would send me a check. Well, I've forwarded that email to several thousand people, but I still don't have a check. Out of anger, I decided to switch. If Steve Jobs sends me an email like that, he'd better pay up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I used to love it when my PC broke down because I got new hardware or software to fix it. I found my love for fixing my computer was waning and I was sometimes dreading turning on my computer for putting in new software or hardware for fear it would just not work right.

The tipping point came when the Intel core2duos were the put in as the prcessor.
Mikeylee

That's pretty much the same reason for me. :black:

Ctrl, Alt, and Delete... Need I say more?

You know, Macs still have those keys :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
They look better work better and a PC laptop of same size and spec was much more expensive!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
When I entered grad school my lab only used macs and Unix boxes....Now im more or less happy, but I still use my PC's and both our Unix and Linux boxes...whatever gets the job done.
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Cor 2 Duo 2G Ram/ 80GB HD White with SuperDrive
1. The new intel based macs (its sort of like having two computers for the price of one).
2. Asthetics- Even as a PC user I thought that Apple had a great design department.
3. Reputation- Macs have a good reputation of usability, reliability, and security.
4. The PC vs. Mac ads
5. Service. I am moving to Argentina at the end of the month and I liked the fact that there are at least two Apple resellers in Buenos Aires.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
My PC motherboard and processor fried and then I went shopping and saw the Mac. Well, the rest is history...

Reaction score
I want to be able to have a folder and browse all of the applications that I have, and the mac will give me that.
I'm confused... in my PC, all of the applications are in the Program Files folder. Where are yours?

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan
I want to be able to have a folder and browse all of the applications that I have, and the mac will give me that.

I'm confused... in my PC, all of the applications are in the Program Files folder. Where are yours?

Actually Windows will do that but he means that when Windows installs a program it puts files and folders all over your HD, a mac puts things in one central place!

<R>

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
had a fantastic 17" hp pavillion laptop. it melted it's onboard video card, and since i'd been considering a mac for some time, i took a serious look. the final decision came down to a 15" alienware notebook or a white macbook. guess what won out?

Reaction score
Well, I have only supplemented my arsenal with a MBP. I still have a PC laptop and a PC desktop. For everyday email/internet/music/video/etc. the MBP is great. I still love my laptop with Windows Media Center(connected to my 42" LCD) and I still need my desktop for gaming and doing work at home. The reason I bought the MBP is because I love the design of the machine and I've wanted learn OSX for quite some time now. It's possible that Apple may develop some products that could eliminate the need of one or both my other machines. Currently, Windows MCE is the best 10' interface IMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.