• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

my dvd player

Reaction score
Alright, here's the situation. I've located my dvd player on my system. And yes I have a DVD disc drive. None of my hardware has changed. Only my OS has changed. For some stupid reason my disc drive won't even recognize that I have a DVD in it. What used to happen is that if I put a DVD in the tower the DVD player would start up on its own. Now it not only doesn't start up, but it won't recognize that I have a DVD in the disc drive. If I push play on the player it says "Supported Disc Not Available". What is going on?

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I copied a few old movies from VHS to DVD last week. I tested The Third Man. When I popped the DVD in the drive DVD player opened and the movie began to play. Today when I put in the same disc, although DVD player opened up it said Supported Disc Not Available, and the disc didn't show in the Finder Sidebar.

Puzzling.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.