iChat help....Anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I was wondering if it there was a way to appear offline on iChat, either with iChat, an add-on or any alternative. i would really appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks.

OP
Ninjab3ar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks!...... bummer

do you know any good alternatives for me to use in the meanwhile?

and is it true that the new ichat that will be included with leopard will have invisibility status?

M

MacHeadCase

If you want to be invisible to block out some people, you can set a list of blocked people and they don't know if you're online or not.

OP
Ninjab3ar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I downloaded Adium, but its pretty featureless. I guess ill just use it when I don't want to be seen online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Will iChat ever be accepting of yahoo. I don't have very many friends that have aim or ichat. The majority are on yahoo. I've heard the raves about vid. feature being oh so mucch better in iChat and have no way of testing these claims. I hate having apps that are useless on my computer and well....Maybe i shoul just get some friends with Macs:black:

Reaction score
Like I said, you might want to try Adium. You can use Yahoo, AIM, MSN, and many more available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.