my kitten likes to walk on my keyboard...and now it's messed up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
At 2 months she's really young and curious, so naturally she treats the mouse pointer like a real mouse. She recently stepped on my illuminate keyboard brightness keys and now none of them will allow the brightness to be turned back on.

System preferences shows that it's still enabled, so how do i get it back when all the keys (F8, F9 & F10) bring up a
nosymbol.gif
symbol when pressed?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
At 2 months she's really young and curious, so naturally she treats the mouse pointer like a real mouse. She recently stepped on my illuminate keyboard brightness keys and now none of them will allow the brightness to be turned back on.

System preferences shows that it's still enabled, so how do i get it back when all the keys (F8, F9 & F10) bring up a
nosymbol.gif
symbol when pressed?

You could try the following:

System Preferences-> Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard->Modifier Keys->Restore Defaults

System Preferences-> Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard->Keyboard Shortcuts->Restore Defaults

Amen-Moses

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
This is so strange, but it started working again just now when she walked across the keyboard again! Whatever she's doing i can't figure it out but it fixed it LOL. It's gotta be some weird key combo. Next time it happens i'll try restoring defaults, thx.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
does she look anything like this?

steelin_inet.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Either a magical kitten or a very computer savvy one. What's the chances of that happening?!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ask sabrina the teenage witch. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.