• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What to do with that Windows laptop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently shopping for my first Mac.
Laptop curling... I've got to try that someday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Whoever made that has too much time on their hands.

Maybe you could ski on your old keyboards . . .

Reaction score
My ex had a HP Laptop, it looked like a George Foreman grill, mind you with the noise and the amount of heat it gave off I think it'd do a half-way decent steak :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What a wasteful way of dealing with a computer you don't want.

T

todd51

Haha, loved the shuffleboard attempt at the end.

I'm sure those laptops were free and broken down that they got somewhere, if not then that's a waste of a decent Linux laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac, standard apart from 256Mb VRAM
Put SUSE linux on it and be happy :)

Didn't watch the vid. Was it something to do with curling? If so, was it to do with curling one out? Because my Mrs don't like me watching pron :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That was pretty good. The best part was when the guy went to make a basket and fell over, not even getting it up.

I had an old Gateway as a temp/secondary laptop that basically died out altogether. I had a lot of fun taking it completely apart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lime Green iMac G3 64mb ram, 20gb hdd, 400mhz G3 processor
What a wasteful way of dealing with a computer you don't want.

Agreed. I'm pro-donating and ebaying old stuff. For example, my sister buy BEBE and A&F clothing and because she packed on a few pound she through all her clothes in the garabage. I took them out, washed them and tookt them to a battered woman's shelter. And, for some reason she was ****** about it. They could have at least took it apart and sodl the parts or even made something creative out of it. I know someone who takes old iMac that are completely unrepairable and makes cat homes and fishbowls out of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.