• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

an important time in any man's life...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
...new wallet time.

so, i've got a kenneth cole square black leather zip up. it's served me well, and it's still in decent shape, but i'm feeling that it's time for a change.

due to my undying love for my timbuk2 laptop messenger bag, i decided to take a look there to see what they had.

and this is what i decided on:

the Timbuk2 cabbie wallet in black ballistic nylon
4_f_jb.jpg

4_i_genericColorway.jpg

it's coming by way of normal ground shipping, so i'm expecting it at the end of next week. and i'm very excited.

does anyone else have a timbuk2 wallet? any thoughts?

M

MacHeadCase

Black ballistic nylon... If you put it in your jeans back pocket, does that thing bend a little? :eek:

Reaction score
eric, if you're excited about a wallet, I think you need a little "lite time"!

Try Textexpander or Quicksilver. Members of this forum have hours of fun with these...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Very cool eric! I think I may need to get in on one of those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I have been using this Phys-Sci wallet I found (empty) on the ground once. I love it, mostly because I found it. Things that you find are always sooo much better than things that you buy. I can't really explain it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
that looks pretty cool eric, i'll probabally get one after my fossil wears out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Nice wallet but it looks like there is no place for pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was using a DKNY wallet for a little over 3 years and it was getting really worn out, so I recently went to the mall and found a nice one by Perry Ellis.

While the new wallet is nicer than my old one, the DKNY one came in nicer packaging :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently shopping for my first Mac.
Nice wallet! I've never heard of that brand so I took a look at their website and they have a lot of really nice products. I really like their Toe Clip messenger bag. How has your laptop messenger bag held up? I might have just found the messenger bag I want for my soon-to-be new MBP.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Obtruse, their bags have legendary durability and are typically the bag of choice for actual couriers. mine is in nearly brand new condition after a couple years of light duty (though it does endure some extrememly cold temps).

Dillinger, no, but i really haven't carried pics in my wallet since i was in my early 20s. i save that now for my phone and camera. ;)

MHC, it should bend enough, at least as much as 3-6 credit, ID, and discount cards will allow. it's made of the same stuff my current bag is, so i've got some idea of its flexibility. should be fine. maybe i'll post a pic of me bending it when i get it.

Martin, it's just one of those things, like a new car, new cellphone, new camera, new hiking boots, etc. anything you spend a lot of time with. it's nice to know you put your money down on something durable that will last for some time.
i felt the same way when i bought my dyson vacuum cleaner. ;)

hmmm, i feel a new thread coming on...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've had a duct tape wallet (that I made) for the past few years, and this year I went out and bought a nice Fossil wallet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I like a wallet that's as thin and flexible as possible. I can't stand sitting on something thick or not being able to pull my wallet quickly out of a jacket breast pocket. I carry the minimum in terms of credit cards and ID, and I much prefer the feel of leather.

But that's just me.

My current wallet came from a vendor at a street fair here in Chicago. It's got a window on the outside for my train pass, and the right amount of space inside for what I absolutely need to carry.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the one pictured is actually a bit smaller than the zip up one i'm ditching. i'm going to need to pare down a bit. :eek: actually that's one of the reasons i went for that one, i need to simplify. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Wallets are very important. Certainly moreso than a lady's purse...because for the most part, we only have one! :mac:

Many years ago, I had the perfect wallet. It was a gift.

Eventually, I wore it out. Since then, I've never seen the like. My current wallet is a $5 basic card-and-money holder that gets the job done; I refuse to buy anything more expensive until I can find one that lives up to that one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
haha this is so weird. I just bought a new wallet tonight. Its a leather wallet that says Billabong its white, grey,black, and orange. I'm its very loud but im only 16 so i like to stand out.. its go the perfect amount of space

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I have the same wallet in a rust color, love it.

I like a wallet that's as thin and flexible as possible. I can't stand sitting on something thick or not being able to pull my wallet quickly out of a jacket breast pocket. I carry the minimum in terms of credit cards and ID, and I much prefer the feel of leather.

But that's just me.

My current wallet came from a vendor at a street fair here in Chicago. It's got a window on the outside for my train pass, and the right amount of space inside for what I absolutely need to carry.

Okay, I might be alone here, but there are two things a man should not do. 1. hang anything from his belt unless he is batman, and 2. put their wallet in their back pocket. It takes away from our amazing butts.

Oh and timbuk2 makes train pass wallet as well.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so you've got the cabbie bone?

i'm with you on the no back pocket thing.
my ideal place is on cargo pants, right side pocket especially if it's zippered.
although i do have my keys on a beltloop, mostly it's due to all the card entry i have to do at work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I can't stand having a wallet in a front pocket, so it gets demoted to a back pocket.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Or... You could have such an amazing butt that they only needed a good look at one cheek to know what you had going on lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Unfortunately, I can't wear cargo pants to the office. That's why I usually carry my wallet in a coat/jacket pocket or in my briefcase.

And like stretch, I *hate* carrying a wallet in a front pants pocket.

(I'll avoid the temptation to talk about bone's 'amazing butt.' I'll take his word for it. :)

I know a lot of guys who don't carry a wallet at all-- they've switched to a money clip. I've considered that and may make the jump at some point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.